Here are some tips, courtesy of Hubspot, Facebook and Om Shanti Marketing, that will help you to create the best and most effective business fan page yet!
1) Set Your Cover & Profile Photos - For your Profile Picture, use a logo that people associate with your business. For your Cover Photo, use a photo that captures the essence of your brand and showcases your product/service.
2) Add Milestones to Define Key Moments - Start filling out your timeline; add the date that your business was founded, etc.
3) Pin Important Stories - Use the Pinning Feature (little pencil at the top right corner of your posts) to bring important posts to top of your page so that your fans see those posts first.
4) Post Daily (or at minimum 2 times/week) - Post regular updates that engage your fans (photos, articles, questions, etc.). Also offer Facebook only promotions that drive your fans to purchase through special offers.
5) Manage Page through the Admin Panel - The Admin Panel gives you a snapshot view of which posts are getting the most engagement, where your likes are coming from, what the demographics of the people that are liking your page are, etc. Use this info to create the most effective posts!
6) Respond to Personal Messages - This is a new feature with timelines that allows you to receive and send personal messages to your clients. It enables you to interact with your clients and further personalize your relationship with them.
7) Rearrange Views & Apps - Your photos, events and custom apps are now easier for people to find on Facebook (right at the top of your page). Use them to create events, notes, photo albums and more. You can even customize the image that represents that app.
8) Star Updates - Hover around updates and click the star icon to highlight key stories/postings, which will then take up the entire width of your page.
9) Claim Your Vanity URL - Go to Facebook.com/username and create a unique URL for your business if you haven't done so already. This will help others to find you more easily and you can use this on your business cards, website, email footers, etc.
10) Create Events - Are you offering upcoming events, workshops, open houses, etc. at your business? Use the "create event" feature to do so and invite your clients to create more buzz about the event!
Now go and USE these tips to create your best and most effective Facebook Fan Page! If you get stuck and need help, don't hesitate to call the experts at Om Shanti Marketing - we've got you covered!